Link: Suche und Kontakt
[Beginn des Inhalts]
You do not like reading, see this movie!
Areas of Interest
- Binary Molecules (CN, PN, AsN, SbN, BiN)
- Ionic Liquids - Weakly Coordinating Anions
- Halogen/Pseudohalogen Chemistry
- Metal-organic Frameworks (catalysis, tissue engineering)
The Schulz group is "delocalized" over two institutes:
- Research in Material Design at Likat can be found under http://www.catalysis.de
- Research in Molecule Chemistry at Rostock University
The primary goal of our work is to make very simple isolatable classes of compounds in the field of CN-, PN- and SN chemistry that chemists would consider not preparable based on generally accepted views and past experience (For more details please click the area of interest in the above header). In combined experimental and theoretical studies our
Major Areas of Research Are:
- The synthesis, structure and reactivity of novel binary CN-, EN- (E = group 15 element) and SN, halogen and pseudohalogen compounds.
- The determination of the molecular structure of inorganic complexes by X-ray diffraction, Raman, IR and NMR spectroscopy.
- The better understanding of structure and reactivity relations.
- In comparison between experiment and theory (ab initio and DFT methods) we investigate: the reaction mechanism, the charge distribution (population analysis, NBO, MO), the thermodynamic and kinetic stability, as well as if there is a correlation between structure and charge distribution.
One Last Remark: Small Molecules Are Still Hot - although often said to be dead.
[Ende des Inhalts]